Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterevil1990 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 06:43 PM
    Car winter help
    I'm looking for any tips and or tricks anyone might have on helping a car through the winter ( besides warming up before driving).. if it hepls it's a 1990 civic with a 98 engine
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 5, 2011, 06:51 PM
    My 87 Civic got water in the gas in the winter, and a bottle of dry gas in every fillup worked wonders.
    I don't believe that warming modern lightweight engines at idle is as important as driving slowly to moderately the first few miles.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 06:52 PM
    Well it helps, winter in Florida or winter in Canada?

When I lived in NY I keep a engine warmer on my car to keep the oil and batter warm.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Use 5W-30 full synthetic engine oil and full synthetic transmission fluid.
    masterevil1990 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 11:06 AM
    I am using the full synthetic oil and trans fluid and have not had any problems with water in my tank..
    My concern is justafter starting the car my engine maked a ticking sound and pulling off from a dead stop it feels like it slips some... but after say 10 mph all that stops

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I purchase a car from private car dealer, they relase pink slip, can they reposes car [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a car last year juy 2009 for 7,800.00 in CA. paid 3,550.00 cash and ended with balance of 4,250.00 NOTE: on contract there was no due day or payoff day- is blank, I have pay them 3,500 as of today, I am currently unemployd and I pay dealership any amout that is posible. Also a month...

Arghhh Winter [ 1 Answers ]

I totally put my car in the ditch tonight. Thankfully, it was in the laneway of the house I was dogsitting at, and not on the road. This laneway is about a quarter mile long, very windy, and relatively steep. It's on a hill so it is prone to snow drifts. Tonight was very snowy and windy so I...

Winter ? [ 1 Answers ]

Scary movie... "Winter (something)"... a couple gets trapped in their car and start freezing 2 death... the girl sees a ghost woman walk by car,then walk up to the car... the cop at the beggening was the cop that raped the woman of the ghost the girl sees

Winter solutions? [ 5 Answers ]

Just got my gas (heating) bill. The rates went up half-way through October. For two months the bill is about $100, with two weeks of it costing over $50! That means that the next bill will be at least $200. I can have it averaged and spread out through the year. Saving extra money in the summer...

Winter Blues [ 2 Answers ]

If I had my way I would want to pull the blankets over my head until springtime. I hate the time change and also that the sun has played hide but no seek during this past week. I suffer from Asperger's syndrome, depression, and PTSD. Nothing I can do about the weather but if anyone can give me...

View more questions Search