Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssphoto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Radio Problem: 2003 Honda Accord LX
    Strange: The radio will be working just fine for hours, sometimes minutes, and suddenly will cut out - almost like there is no power... but there is power. The display is on! Alarmingly, it also may send out a LOUD crack, sometimes like static, but louder than if the radio signal was simply bad. This can be dangerous, as it is completely unpredictable and scares the living cr*p out of me. Most times, all I need to do is turn the unit off, wait a minute, then turn it on again. All's fine! But... sometimes it comes back. Again, totally unpredictable. Of note, this crack of sound can come on while the radio is playing, too.

Any ideas. I know Honda will rake me over the coals to replace the whole unit... and I would not feel good about selling this car, in time, to an unsuspecting person.
    ssphoto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Well. I couldn't stand driving w/o the radio. Since I am very busy at work during business hours, I had limited time to "shop around". As a "base" comparison to what I was going to research, I called Honda -- they wanted $120 to install, and over $700 to replace the radio = $820! Outrageous! I then called various junk yard and auto parts stores and they outright said they didn't handle this kind of thing.

So... I made the decision to simply, and MORE CHEAPLY, add a ANOTHER radio. I had an Alpine radio/CD Player/MP3/USB/AUX unit installed where the storage compartment used to be. No big loss since I didn't keep a lot in there anyway. The reach is not too bad either. The original radio still has power, but no signal is sent to the speakers, so I can still use the clock.

So far, things are good and for only $220! And now I can play digital MP3 files where the Honda unit could not. Time for install was only 1/2 hour at the shop where I bought the unit; total time for research and install about 1 hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

How do you set the clock on 2003 h0nda Accord with the 6 disc CD changer/radio?

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

Honda accord 2003, radio code (6-Cd) [ 0 Answers ]

How can I know radio code for honda accord 2003 ( the one with 6 cds) Regard [email protected]

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

Radio works but cannot see display.

View more questions Search