Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troypt Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2011, 04:47 PM
    92 Honda Accord surges
    My car is slightly surging when Im driving it. I have decent power still. I just had the charging system all checked out. Its all fine there.Might be my injectors? Ive put in Lucas tune up once and noticed a difference. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Cheers!
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Sep 21, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Check the mass airflow sensor or whatever sensor it has for that and check for intake manifold vacuume leaks
    troypt Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Would that be the map sensor?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Purge air from the cooling system by opening the bleed bolt and filling the radiator with coolant, until fluid comes out the bleed bolt. Air in the cooling system is the usual cause of surging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda accord rpm surges when idling warm or cold [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me! My 1991 honda has an erratic idle. Fluxuating up to 2-2.5 rpm.it used to subsides when engine gets warm but now it constantly doing it. Symptoms are: bad gas mileage,failed air-care emissions,no air conditioning,leaking coolant. I've cleaned and replaced eacv,cleaned air filter,and...

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

2000 Honda Accord surges on acceleration/load [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord 2.3l 4cyl, 5 speed MT, with 120,000 miles that has been surging under load for a few months now. The car had some worn out suspension parts as well as a bad catalytic converter. I also assumed that the surging was due to a bad inner cv joint or bent axle. Yesterday...

91 honda accord LX surges when idling [ 8 Answers ]

Our 91 honda accord lx has approx 150k miles on it and has been a great car.. . recently my wife noticed when she starts it still in park the rpms will surge when we start going it does it also when we stop at a stoplight etc. I'm thinking it may be the 02 sensor from reading my haynes manual. Just...

View more questions Search