Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buddy Lee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 01:54 PM
    1999 Honda civic ex. Very hard to start. When it does start it idles real low (400 r.
    1999 Honda civic ex. Very hard to start. When it does start it idles real low (400 r.p.m.) If u accelerate real, real slow it will rev up. If u accelerate normal it will die. Even if u are in park u can't rev quickly. When it dies it will diesel. Honda shop recommend a coil. Replaced it - didn't help. Another place said T.P.S. Replaced it - Didn't help either. Checked Fuel Press. - 60 lbs. Do you have any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2011, 02:28 PM

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM), being sure to apply silicone heat transfer grease to the back of the new ICM. It's located inside the distributor. Remove the coil to improve access to the ICM.

. Adjust idle to 700 rpm.

. Set timing with a timing light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1999 Honda Civic won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 honda civic with 175,000 miles won't start. Pprior to this problem I started to experience a jerking movement upon accelaration while driving. Also when the clutch was disengage or in neutral I still had that jerking movement. I changed the timing belt at 90,000 miles. Now when I crank up...

Honda civic no start/low spark tries to start [ 1 Answers ]

2000 Honda Civic- Had installed used v-tech engine has new distributor, plugs, wires, cap. New clutch kit, ran great. About 3-4 days later had horrible miss, random miss. Changed crank sensor, still just cranks. Numerous testing on computer, ignition, distributor- all sensors working correctly....

95 civic hard start - idles fine - bogs, dies w/gas [ 5 Answers ]

95 Civic LX very difficult to start. Will start after much turning on starter, when it starts, it will idle fine. If the gas pedal is feathered it will rev and hold. If the pedal is blipped it will bog and die. After that it is back to not wanting to start. Can hear the fuel pump run, have fire to...

Honda Civic 98 Hatchback Idles High & Low at Start Up [ 1 Answers ]

Car worked find until car sat for 3 weeks (was out of town)--it would not start. Sounded like it wanted to, but it would not turn over. Took it to Pep Boys, and they gave me a new battery, and it still wouldn't start. Then they put in I think a starter coil, then it started. Now it idles high &...

View more questions Search