Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    low-rider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 07:06 PM
    94 civic auto trans problem
    Hi-

I don't know much about cars. I recently bought a 94 honda civic dx with automatic transmission, it has 44,000 miles but I don't believe those. I'm having issues speeding up and when gears change I get a kick. I feel that something is definitely wrong with the transmission. Any ideas what in the transmission could cause this?

Also, I was wondering what all are good maintenance things I could get done on the car to get some life out of it ?

Appreciate you help.
    Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
    First, change all fluids in the vehicle; i.e. engine oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, brake fluid, and partial power steering change. I recommend using full synthetic engine oil and transmission fluid. See if changing the transmission fluid and filter helps solve the observed problems. Read section L in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

Second, replace spark plugs (use NGKs only), spark plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, and fuel filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car DOESN'T SHIFTwhen its ON(Manual Trans). [ 6 Answers ]

When the engine is off, the car goes into gear, but when I turn it on and press the clutch it doesn't want to go into gear. I tried starting it while in first and reverse; the result is the car jumps then the engine dies. I do not know if my tranny is bad because it goes into gear when the engine...

View more questions Search