Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worshiping Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 11:02 AM
    My 2004 civic starts and quits
    My 2004 civic starts and then stops . Its sounds like only 1 or 2 cylinders are firing and smells of gas. I can also hear air escaping somewhere. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2010, 11:29 AM

Remove all of the spark plugs and test each cylinder's compression with a gauge. Write the results down on a piece of paper. If the engine has overheated, for instance, the compression test will tell you whether the head gasket has blown or not.

This link may also help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675
    worshiping Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Thanks I will do that . I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly purchased self propelled mower starts but then quits when you start mowing [ 1 Answers ]

21 inch 675 series Toro Self Propelled Mower with 190 cc Briggs and Statton engine. Purchased spring of 2010 Starts- idles rough, stalls when start mowing

I have a john deere hydro 185 lawnmower it cranks but won't star or starts then quits [ 1 Answers ]

I have a john deere hydro 185 lawnmower it cranks but won't star or starts then quits

My murry rider starts then billows smoke and quits [ 4 Answers ]

I can start my murry rider it will run for 2-3 minutes then starts to sputter blowing a cloud of smoke and finally quits. 10 min. later I can do the same thing over again with same results. No rod noise.

2001 Civic Starts and Quits [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Civic that has a unique problem. It will start and run for about 2 seconds and then stop. You can restart it but it will do the same. It acts like it is being starved for fuel but the fuel pressure remains constant. There are no engine codes in the computer and all of the parameters...

Lawn Mower Starts, Then Quits [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower, after sitting all winter, starts up, runs for a minute but then quits. Could it be lack of oil?

View more questions Search