Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frogtex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 05:20 PM
    1997 isuzu oasis fuel pump replacement
    1997 isuzu oasis I can crank it but no start. When I turn the key I can't hear the fuel pump run . So I took out the back seat and only found a cutout for the gas sensor I can see the fuel pump partially but there's no cut out for it I have taken all the lines loose and disconnected the electrical and removed the straps and front support but still can't get the gas tank down it feels like there's something holding it in from the floor of the seat area but there is some kind of mat glued to the floor that I can't get up . I am missing something and could not locate a service manual the last few days. HELP!! I am stumped.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 05:27 PM

Modern-day fuel pumps are very reliable. The problem is usually with a fuse, relay, ignition switch, or ECM. Here's how to test all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Also, be sure to locate and clean the main ECM ground. The odds of the fuel pump being bad and not great.

Even though the link below was written for Hondas, the basic approach to solving fuel problems for your car should be similar:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1245523

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Dodge Intrepid fuel pump & fuel filter [ 5 Answers ]

Where is the in line fuel filter located and can the fuel pump be replaced by removing the rear seat?

1997 honda accord fuel pump psi [ 1 Answers ]

1997 honda accord fuel pump psi

1992 honda accord fuel pump replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace fuel pump on 1992 Honda Accord

Kia Optima Fuel Pump Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the fuel pump in a 2005 Kia Optima

Honda accord fuel pump replacement 1992 [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuel pump located for replacement on a honda accord lx?

View more questions Search