Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicoman Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 11:32 AM
    I have a 1994 mitsubitsu 3000 gt auto when I start the car it just kills the idle is
    My 1994 mit. 3000 gt starts but have to put foot on gas pedal for it stay running idled it up but then when come to stop its idling to fast . Help please
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 11:41 AM

I would be inclined to replace the Ignition Control Module, JA177, $82.99, AutoZone.

Also, I would clean (or replace) the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), throttle plate, and throttle body with TB cleaner; afterwards, change the air filter. Set idle rpm to spec.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Civic DX Auto Trans Idle Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I just got allot of work done on my Honda (new battery, tune-up, oil change, frans flush, radiator flush, ect). The car sat for a while with a broken axel, and drum. All this work is complete, but my question is this. What would cause the idle to stick (I think between 1.5K and 2k.. I have no...

1994 honda civic will roll start but won't start with a key [ 1 Answers ]

Repalced distributer cap, plugs and wires, and coil, car will roll start but still won't start with a key

Craftsman model 3000 garden tractor first pto wouldn't work, shut off now won't start [ 0 Answers ]

I have a model 3000 craftsman garden tractor. I was mowing with it & everything was OK. I shut it off for a couple minutes restarted it & tried to mow again but the PTO wouldn't engage to mow. I shut the tractor off to check a few things out & when I tried to start it up again it wouldn't start. ...

2003 Honda Civic has high idle 3000 RPM [ 2 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Civic LX with 47,000 miles has worked perfectly until now. Since yesterday, every time I start it, the engine revs up to 3,000 rpm in neutral or park and 2,000 rpm if in drive. I can control the car with the brake, but it runs away with me if I stop braking. So I can't drive it...

1994 ford explorer, idle fluxuates [ 2 Answers ]

At times my car is good but at times it starts to behave bad. Ihave changed the fuel pump and filter. Cleaned the injectors. I put a new o2 sensor.Its rpm is at 500 and then 1000 and back or lower to the point that it shuts off. What else could be giving me that problem?

View more questions Search