Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevearc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 07:45 PM
    Takes about two seconds for the oil gauge to move .
    2000 f 250 7.3 The oil gauge does not move for about 2 seconds after starting, the goes back to normal
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 08:12 PM

Nothing too unusual... synthetic oil?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 06:51 AM

Engines with full synthetic HDDO build oil pressure 7 times faster than conventional oil. This should help with this problem. Conventional oil, anyhow, is the kiss of death for turbos. I wouldn't use it in a diesel, even if you gave it to me. This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find Rates 60 seconds and 120 seconds? [ 3 Answers ]

The following data were collected for the decomposition of acetaldehyde, CH3CHO (used in the manufacture of a variety of chemicals including perfumes, dyes, and plastics), into methane and carbon monoxide. The data were collected at a temperature of 530 °C. CH3CHO CH4 +CO (mol L-1) Time...

95 Ranger Oil pressure gauge [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get my oil gauge to work. I tried installing a new pressure sensor on the engine. But that still didn't work. I traced what I could find of the wiring, it all looks good. What else is there to fix or replace?

12 gauge Wire Used w/ 14 gauge Outlet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a fairly new home I purchased. I am changing my outlets as I am painting the rooms (Laundry Room) and noticed that the previous home owner put in a laundry board (built in) and wired to the nearest outlet on the wall. They used 12 gauge wire to the outlet (from the built in iron...

Failed gass gauge and temperature gauge on 1988 Nissan Pathfinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. The gas gauge and the temperature gauge would stop working at the same time when the car warmed up. They both would come back on periodically and then off again. Currently they have not come back on in about 3 months. How do I fix this problem?

Oil Pressure gauge, going bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My f-150 has only 77.000 original miles,I'm the 2nd owner. Previous owned said not to freak out when I came to a stop and the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing,that it had always done this. I've put 3,000 miles on it since and it does the same thing with me,but it doesn't seem to be going dry of...

View more questions Search