Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bornagain Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
    7.3 f250 problems
    2000 f250 7.3 sdp,won't start,have had trouble starting for some time,glow plug are working.when it would start,it would run rough for a few miles with no power,like it was running on 4 cyls,then,like you flipped a switch it would take off and run 'normal'.I changed fuel filter,put a new fuel pump on,now it won't start at all.the fuel filter can is filling up.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 08:25 AM

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Be sure to change both fuel filters (Motorcraft only). In the future, start using full synthetic HDDO. Conventional engine oil is the "kiss of death" to turbos.

Sep 15, 2010, 08:52 AM
    Where is the other fuel filter?I changed the one on top of the motor.par ts house shows only one
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 09:06 AM

Directly in front of the fuel pump, located on the frame under the driver's seat.

Sep 15, 2010, 09:32 AM

No other fuel filter on this truck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with my 2005 F250 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Lately I have a rash of problems with my truck. First I found out the A/C Compressor failed twice due to the fan cutch. With that the turbo had to be rebuilt. On a trip towing approx 12000lbs the EGR, Oil cooler, and EBV failed. I spoke with the Ford service manager and straight asked if I...

2004 F250 turbo problems [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 2004 turbo diesel with 36,000 miles. Low use truck primarily for towing 2-H gooseneck. In the past 6 months we've had new tires put on, violent shaking resulting in the GCR (?) valve being replaced, and then tire rods. Truck makes a "barking" sound when coming to the top of the hill...

2006 Ford F250 problems [ 2 Answers ]

My F250, 6.0 ltr, won't start when the motor is warm, What do I have to do?

Ford f250 problems [ 2 Answers ]

Why would the rear diferential grind and jump when turning under heavy four wheel drive load, but run smooth under all other conditions? 1995 f250 power stroke.

86 ford f250 diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 86 diesel will idle ruff and die when I slow down. I think I ran it low on oil once. How do I fix this problem.

View more questions Search