Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldielois Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Voltage regulator
    Where is the voltage regulator on a 2000 dodge ram 1500?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 03:50 PM

Many are now built into the Alternator, if not, follow wiring from alternator.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 04:58 PM

Disconnect the negative battery cable, remove the alternator, remove the rear alternator cover, and the voltage regulator/brush holder assembly should be staring you in the face. To keep the new brushes retracted during installation, insert an opened paper clip through the hole in the brush holder and brushes. Clean the slip rings with #240 abrasive cloth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage regulator 2000 dodge Durango [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Durango (4.7L). Starts fine, drives fine, however after 5 to 10 minutes of drivetime, the "check guages" light comes on and the battery voltage drops to nothing. What is wrong? Is there a voltage regulator in this model?

Cub cadet voltage regulator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cub cadet model 70 that continuesly cranks even when the start button is released. It has a new voltage regulator, start button, and ignition switch. It also has a different used starter/generator. I do think it is wired correctly, looking at the wiring diagram. It quits cranking when the...

Anyone know the location of the voltage regulator on a 91 dodge ram? [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking to replace the voltage regulator on my 1991 dodge ram 350 with the 360, but I can't locate the part. I purchased the new part hoping I would be able to find it once I knew what it looked like but no luck there. Does anyone have a diagram showing me where it is located? Any help will be...

Voltage regulator [ 1 Answers ]

What is the full form of LM in LM317..? LM317 is a voltage regulator.. help out.. hav a viva tomorrow.. It is a three terminal adjustabke voltage regulator... its output range is 1.2V to 57V

View more questions Search