Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Sep 6, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Heating fan for 94 prelude
    Mine won't seem to work and my lude continues to overheat. How much would it cost (averagely) to fix this problem, and how easy would it be to do? My uncle is a decent mechanic but he said it might be too complex and he would refer me to a mechanic, but I don't want to pay for a mechanic. As a young female I feel they would rip me off in a heartbeat. Thank you for your answers!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 02:15 PM

First off you need to identify if its just the fan causing the overheat or something else. Has your uncle checked it for you? Have you tried getting the fan to turn on? You need to test it first before replacing. One way is to turn on the A/C and see if the cooling fan comes on. In many cars it does. Another would be to bypass the wiring and plug it into power directly. If it does work then the problem is some where else in the system. If it does need replacing it usually isn't that big of a deal nor that expensive. Even places like pep boys do those types of repairs.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2010, 02:33 PM

If the engine is overheating, don't drive it. Many aluminum head Hondas get severely damaged this way. The aluminum head warps, which would require machining, valves get damaged, and the head gasket blows. Repairs like this can easily run $2,700 or more. The links below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1642158

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Sep 17, 2010, 10:41 PM
    Well my uncle ran an extended diagnostic on the prelude, and after buying/replacing 2 radiator hoses, we found that the radiator control module, aka the "heater core" is completely missing from the car! I've searched high and low on and offline for this part (79110-SS0-A01) but I can't find it anywhere, and I'm not even sure it's the right part because I can't find any detailed images or layouts for the system. This is quite the grr situation.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 04:22 AM

Here is one of many places.

Honda Prelude Heater Core at Auto Parts Warehouse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Fan Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Coleman DGAH Gas Furnace that I want to use the Blower Fan for cooling my home. Does anyone have a wiring diagram to bypass the heating control?

Carrier heating unit --fan won't work with heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a carrier heating unit installed in 2000... it worked fine since then but now... fan will work if we turn it ON by itself... but if we turn on auto heat then heater goes on (blower like sound) but fan doesn't force the air into the house... if we turn off the heat... fan comes on...

Central Heating Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Central units fan just hums most of the time. Only set on heat. If I have the cooling on, it runs fine. But if I turn on the heat, it just hums, sounds stuck. Most of the time I can get it going by switching from AUTO to ON (for the FAN), can someone please help:confused:

Heating, fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an American Standard heating/air unit that is 11 years old. Heating unit is located in attic, air is outside. Problem: First fan kicks on, clearing out CO2. Then I hear the gas light up the unit, then I hear another fan kick on blow the heated air through the ducts to the house. I hear a fan...

View more questions Search