Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanBinTexas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 03:54 PM
    I have a 97 Ford F 250. The fuel filter light comes on and the engine shuts off. The
    The next day it runs and drives then the fuel filter light comes on again and it happens again. I have changed the filter and the fuel pump, what is going on?
    Frustrated Dan

Jul 7, 2010, 04:08 PM
    Fuel problems on F250 running out...
    I have a 97 Ford F250. I was driving and the fuel filter light came on shutting me down on the highway. Towed it in to the shop and they replaced the fuel pump. After two days of driving it happened exactly the same way again. Towed it to the shop again and they replaced the fuel pump again. This time they tested it and after two days it crapped out on them. They lifted the bed and checked the tanks, checked the lines, replaced all rubber hoses. Checked selector valve. By passed selector valve and then reconnected. Still same problem. Possibly going to change fuel pump again. What is going on?
    Dan in Austin
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 04:56 PM

Did you change both fuel filters? Only use Motorcraft fuel and oil filters on your PSD:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Other brands can adversely affect fuel pressure.

Jul 7, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    Yes, It is a New Motorcraft filter.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 07:57 PM

Did you also change the main fuel filter, located next to the fuel pump under the frame on the driver's side? If the problem persists, call Lief Johnson Truck City, Buda, TX.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Ford E350 Power Stroke Turbo Fuel Filter? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I Have just purchased a 1996 Ford E350 with 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo. I need to locate the Fuel Filter? Thank You to who ever answers this one:) :)

Problems after fuel filter change on Ford F250 6.0 powerstroke [ 8 Answers ]

I just changed the two fuel filters on my 2004 Ford F250 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke. After changing them my trucks turbo stopped holding boost. White and black smoke was coming out of the exhaut pipe when the turbo would blow off. What could be the cause of the problem?

Location of fuel filter on 2006 ford f-250 [ 3 Answers ]

Where is/are the fuel filter/s located on a 2006 Ford F-250 6.0L Diesel?

Is there a fuse for the fuel pump on a 1989 ford F-250 6cyl standard [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a fuse for the fuel pump on a 1989 ford f-250 gas, 6cyl,standard

2003 ford F 250 6.0 no fuel pressure [ 0 Answers ]

Got a 20 gal load of what seems to be watered down fuel. Much missing and rough running with a final stop of engine. Sit for a short time and started up and got it home. Replaced both filters and both were old and dirty. Also replace oil and filter plus air filter. Many tries to start failed until...

View more questions Search