Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thailand Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
    What is wrong when you have replaced the egr valve plus cleaned the line check engine
    I have a 1999 camry. The check engine light keep coming on. I have replaced the EGR valve and cleaned the EGR valve plus the mounting pipe leading to the EGR valve and the throttle body.I used throttle cleaner. I have done this a number of times and the light comes back on. Could it possibly have anything to do with over filling your car with gasoline?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 10:03 AM

Yes, you can do a lot of damage to the EVAP Control System by overfilling the gas tank. What exact code is being thrown?
    biff26 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

May 20, 2010, 11:15 AM

Check the EGR vacuum control solenoid (follow the vacuum line back from the EGR) It is located on the back side of the engine These have A high failure rate Hope this helps.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 03:58 PM

Biff26 hit the nail. P0401 EGR insufficient flow detected. Very common on your car. Not easy to get at, but not too pricey either.
    Should replace the egr modulator also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I test the EGR Valve for 2001 Honda Civic? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to check that the EGR Valve is operating within specification. How can I tell if it's good or bad?

What acts like an egr valve on my 2000 lexus rx 300 [ 11 Answers ]

My lexus rx 300 is sending a code saying that there is a problem with the egr valve.I called the dealership and they said it doesn't have an egr valve. Could anyone help me with this? When I drive it runs a little rough also when I'm on the highway at 60mph the rpm stays at 4000 really high.

98 honda accord egr valve [ 2 Answers ]

I work for ford but my honda accord has a check engine light on I checked the code and it leads me to a egr valve clogged. Couple technicans told me to take it out and clean it. How do you clean the egr valve and also should you clean the passage that it goes to. Do you just spray the cleaner in it.

Egr Valve Location [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise (photo) were I can locate the EGR Valve on a 1995 Camaro 3.8 ltr engine. Is it something I can easily swap out? Socket/wrench size needed. What other years of a 3.8 engine EGR Valve would be the same. Thanks Gord C

View more questions Search