Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gottcha1mdb Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2010, 02:46 PM
    What is the difference between a 10 amp battery and a 2 amp battery
    What is the difference between a 10 amp battery and a 2 amp battery? My battery charger has a switch for the two and I don't know which to put it on for my truck or riding lawn mower.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 02:53 PM

Set the switch to 2 amps--it's much easier on your battery. It might take longer, but your battery will last longer.

As you will find out, it's great to have your own charger. I can't believe how few people own one these days.

10 amps could destroy a riding mower or motorcycle battery. For motorcycle batteries, I have an ampere-damper, where I can use a regular battery charger and reduce the charging rate too much lower levels.

I normally charge car and truck batteries at 6 amps; however, trickle charging is best for the battery.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 03:00 PM

I agree grease monkey,and they don't really cost that much either,
    ChuckMcd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Where can I get an ampere damper?
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 01:11 PM

I bought one for my motorcycle batteries from Sears; however, it was years ago.
    ChuckMcd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    TX A Battery Tender 6or12VDC charges at 0.75amp and floats from 14.4Vdc to 13.2Vdc.When voltage drops below 12.6, charger resumes charging at 14.4Vdc
    This seems to be just the right instrument for an 8AH bat.What do you think?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 05:50 PM

I bought the Battery Tender Plus. I love it. Absolutely love it.
    Great for my classic car, mower, daily driver, motor cycle, and AGM spiral cell battery approved.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 06:12 PM

Sounds very good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starter & Battery Tested Fine. Why won't It Start? 94 civic ex [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 Honda Civic EX won't start. All I get is a click-click. With a push my car will start and run fine. Took starter in to have it checked and they said it was fine. Took battery in and fine as well. Can anyone help?

Car won't Start & It's Not The Battery! [ 4 Answers ]

When I try to start the car it doesn't make any noise at all. I tried jumping it and it starts but when I take the cables off and try again nothing. I tried switching the battery but nothing again. Will I need to check the fuse if the horn, lights, nothings coming on. Does all of that go with...

Car won't Start & It's Not The Battery! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 95 Altima. It worked fine until one morning I went to start it and got nothing. No horn, no lights, nothing at all. I assumed it had to be the battery but I got the battery tested and I was told that the battery was fine. Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

View more questions Search