Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicksue77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Privacy act violations at an auto dealership
    If an Auto dealership is throwing peoples dates of birth, social security numbers and names in open garbage are they responsible for privacy act violations by not shredding or protecting this personal information?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 12:45 PM

Probably not. I'm not aware of any law that requires anyone who somehow comes into possession of such information to take any special measures to protect it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privacy violations? [ 16 Answers ]

My son stepped on a nail in the neighbors yard, I cleaned it and looked at it a little better and cleaned it again with peroxide and bandaged it. This happened Sunday 15th 2009. No school on Monday so I continued cleaning it and Tuesday I sent him to school after cleaning it again and not seeing...

Privacy Law Violations [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any legal recourse if a hospital has released your full name, date of birth and social security number to a private citizen? (Mailing error)

Burned by auto dealership! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my wife and I went looking for a trade in of our previous vehicle (2003 Ford Windstar) a couple of months ago, while at the dealership, we explained to the salesman we are looking for something smaller that is going to give us much better fuel mileage. He proceeds to show us a 2007 Ford...

Privacy violations with Pa. State medicaid [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have the Access Plus or Pa. state medicaid insurance. To understand my questions it is important to know that I have been divorced since 2001 and have not had my ex-husbands insurance(BC&BS) even before then. My ex-husband blirted out to me several months ago after an arquement that I...

View more questions Search