Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BGG Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Water hesitates, bubs when kitchen faucet is turned on
    Water hesitates, bubs when kitchen faucet is turned on. The kitchen faucet is one of those single handle types. Move to the left for cold and right for hot. When the faucet is turned on there is a one second delay followed by a burp or two and then water flows freely. Turn the water off and wait a moment and the same thing happens again. Problem has just started.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 04:47 PM
    What's the brand name of your faucet. Does this "burp" happen on cold, hot or both? Pump or city water? By the way, Your faucet's reversed. Cold= right, hot= left. Regards, Tom

Nov 27, 2006, 05:55 PM
    Ya, you're right on the left and right temp. The brand name is not located on the faucet or seen under the sink. Water pressure is good. We moved in 5 years ago and this problem just recently started. The burp is really a pause in the water flow. Like air in the line. Often when we first turn on the faucet it hesitate for a moment before the water starts to come out. Again like there's air in the line escaping before the water comes out.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
    I'll bet if you take apart the aerator at the end of your spout you will find a small disc with one small hole in the center. This is a "water saver" and is usually the cause of this problem. If you remove it and reassemble your aerator (correctly) your pulsing should go away

Dec 3, 2006, 07:47 PM
    :D Now that was easy. Thank you very much. Now that I think about it I cleaned that screen not to long ago. Unfortunately I was unable to get any credit for fixing the faucet. She knows I asked for some on line help. Again, thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water through kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

Just last week, I discovered that water is no longer running through my kitchen faucet when I turn the faucet on (neither cold nor hot). However, water will run through the spray when I turn the spray on (responding to both cold and hot directions). The faucet is a single handle faucet. I can't...

Trying to get the water turned off in the kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Help... we have removed out countertop and sink to get ready for remodel... we turned off the water lines, however the hot water still keeps dripping... there is a line for the dishwasher as well... we turned that off also... what are we doing wrong?

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

No water in my kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed my water supply lines under the sink, because they were leaking, so I decided to replace my kitchen sprayer also. Since I have changed the lines and the sprayer, there in no water at all coming from the hot or the cold, only from the sprayer which has pretty good pressure. It was...

No water unless faucet slowly turned. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. We have a fauced that when turned normally does not have any water flowing out. There is a bang when this is done too. If the faucet is turned slowly, water will come out. Thanks!

View more questions Search