Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanr61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 11:08 AM
    2001 mercury sable fuel pump relay
    My 2001 mercury sable when I go to start it I can here the fuel pump come on I can go some were turn it off and when I get ready to leave it won't start I don't here the fuel pump. Can wait a little while and try than the pump works and it starts it never dies once its running and it runs good can you help me.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 11:39 AM

In the under hood fuse/relay box, remove fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay, clean contacts, apply dielectric grease, and reinstall. If the problem persists, replace the fuel pump relay. Check your Owner's Manual for locations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel pump testing-2001 Mercury Sable [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Mercury Sable that has been sitting for two months while I was in the hospital... I went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't turn over. It was not getting any gas. I checked the fuel filter, fuel pump fuse and relay and the emergency switch in the trunk... they are all good. I can't...

2001 Mercury Sable fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

On a 2001 Mercury Sable, how do you test a fuel pump off the car? Thanks

2001 Mercury Sable fuel filter [ 1 Answers ]

On a 2001 Mercury Sable fuel filter there are three lines... one going in from the gas tank and two going out to the fuel rail and/or injectors. What is this third line for and could it possibly be the reason I cannot get any gas to start the car? Electrical is good, fuel pressure is good @42, fuel...

View more questions Search