Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daquach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
    Engine filled with coolant and is mixed with oil
    I was wondering why my temperature gauge was going up so high, although the engine didn't actually get too hot. I couldn't understand why the coolant wouldn't remain in the radiator and I filled it up several times. I Checked the oil a couple days ago and the dipstick was covered about 7 or 8 inches up, and the oil was thick and chocolate brown color. I looked under the oil cap, and it was filled right up with this weird oil. I believe it is coolant, and it is really thick. Does anybody know what is going on?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Unfortunately it is a blown head gasket and maybe a cracked head too.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2006, 03:14 PM
    I agree with Labman. It appears a blown head gasket or cracked head is allowing coolant to mix with the oil. All it takes is allowing an aluminum head engine to overheat once and the head can warp. After that, it's not long until the gasket goes. Some head gaskets even fail due to the constant expansion and contraction of the head, as it heats up and cools down. I wouldn't even try to start it in this condition.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
    I also agree. Now, let's say you get that head fixed. Don't forget about the bottom side of your engine. You know that choc milk oil? Well engine bearings hate that stuff, so get the engine flushed out once repaired. Lotsa luck 2ya.
    Vito Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 01:58 AM
    Hi,
    I have same problem. But I heard that there is some tablet that can fix that problem. Is it possible? :confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 06:42 AM
    Never try those approaches, unless it's a matter of life and death. Many stop leak products are disastrous, if you plan on keeping a vehicle long-term. Fix it right, take care of the vehicle afterwards, and get years of good service from it.
    Vito Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Thanks!
    DenDz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 02:41 PM
    I know this thread is old, but if anyone reads it:

What if I wanted just to get another month or two (@ least) out of my car. What are these "Tablets", Where do I get them, How do I use them, and how do they work?

Thanks.
    cocoyoness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 02:38 AM
    I think why they mean is not a tablet, but serups, like those put in your radiator to stop leaks in your cooling system as well as in your cylinder head gasket. Although I not pretty sure about it.
    Ethan008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 09:32 PM
    I have the same problem with my car now. I was adviced/consultated to change my whole engine.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:23 AM

Could be Head Gasket(s).
    mcirv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 04:56 PM
    I had the same problem with my pick up truck. I thought it was the head gasket but it was the intake manifold gasket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little Puss Filled Bumps All Around Penis [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and am not sexually active. I have little white puss filled bumps around my penis. They aren't near the top or around the head but only on the bottom. They aren't itchy but they bother me. They've been there for a couple of months and I tried to pop a few and they just seem to...

Coolant and Oil mixed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am no expert in cars, hence some it may not make any sense. I have a honda accord DX (4 cylinder Vtech) with 143K miles on it. As usual I got my oil changed at Walmart, but the difference being that this time I got the thicker oil as we used drive the car for 100 miles a day. (Also...

98 accord loss of oil and check engine light coming on [ 3 Answers ]

My check engine light came on and I noticed that the car was very low on oil. I reset the light and added oil. I drove the car for a mile or so and noticed that the oil I put in was gone. I don't see any puddles of oil or any places that look like oil is leaking. 2 Years ago I had something like...

Engine Oil [ 3 Answers ]

All right, problems with this car are coming up constantly. I just found out my Civic 91 DX has been driving on mineral based 15W40 oil for at least 6 years now. My service manual suggests a full synthetic 5W30, and I read somewhere that you should do some kind of "flushing" of the whole engine...

View more questions Search