Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chbailey44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Ex-wife's military husband is being deployed overseas.is there anything I can do?
    A few months ago, my ex-wife re-married a member of the military. Recently I learned he was ordered to be stationed in Germany for at least the next six months. This obviously causes a situation regarding the custody of my son. When we divocred I allowed her to have full custody with my visitation since they lived nearby and she was better able to take care of him due to my job hours. I of course maintained visitation every other weekend, which is the absolute highlight of my time. She has offered to modify the custody arrangement to let me have visitation every 4-6 weeks for a week at a time, along with the entire summer. My main questions are whether this is the best possible solution, and whether this arrangement is feasbile with her living overseas. If anyone has any experience with child custody issues and the military, any help would be appreciated!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:58 PM

Who is going to pay for the travel of the children every 6 week from Germany?

You can ask for custody of the children if you wish or ask the courts to order she not leave the state

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 59 yr old overseas military marriage cert [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, I am a Family Historian and have been trying to locate my Aunt and Uncles Jan 5th 1946 marriage certificate for years. I have come to the conclusion they may have gone through a military wedding as I have gone through all the resources I know of and havent found one iota of proof...

H1B Husband, Husband and Wife overseas, LayOff [ 9 Answers ]

I was on a H1B visa and working in the US sine June 2007. The company that I was working for downsized and I was laid off from there on 31st Oct 2008. Subsequently since I was unable to find employment I decided to move back home at the end of November. I got married in Dec 2008. By that time my...

Wife's harassment against husband [ 3 Answers ]

My qualified/working wife is threatening to file a case against me for baseless reason. I am blessed with 2 loving daughters (5 & 7 years). My in-laws are supporting her for no reason and are in favour of her filing a case against me. What should I do at this stage? I got marrried 11 years ago...

Getting married in the military overseas [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are both deployed. He is in Iraq and I am in Qatar. There is a four day window in which he will be able to fly in and come see me. I want to know what legal paperwork I would need to prepare ahead of time If we got married here. Is this even possible? I don't think we are...

Annulment of overseas military marriage teens [ 2 Answers ]

My friend(Army, 19 at the time) was married overseas in Korea to a Philapino teanager. They had a child and he went back to the States. It has been years now and there has been no contact from the girl. My friend has tried to contact her but could not. Now years latter wants to see how to...

View more questions Search