Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krisepp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 04:43 AM
    1989 honda crx ignition switch
    Can I change the ignition switch on my crx myself and how do I do it?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2006, 08:43 AM
    See if this helps:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/ignit...tch/index.html
    dj16bit Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Finally figured it out with the help of everyone's advise. I checked all the fuses but there was one that I most of over looked. After replacing the main relay, ecu and ignitor I realized that the harness for the main relay only had one wire with 12v. I found a bad fuse under the dash that powered the main relay and tested the harness, after installing the new fuse I was getting power from multiple cables with the ignition on. At that point I plugged in my original main relay and the ecu warning light would finally turn off after a few second and the car crank up with the original ECU and ignitor.
    I feel like dork because I checked all fuses 3 times and could have had this car running two months ago, but you learn from mistakes some times and you guys have been very helpful.
    Thanks again for posting,
    dj16bit
    geonracer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Yeah I am having this problenm now well I thought it was the main relay and it was'nt so I had to keep my hand on the key and keep it in the on position for it to stay on. But the minute I took it off it turned off on me so I am hoping this is what it is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1989 Honda civic wagon [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 89 Honda civic wagon. We had new gasket put on car, new water pump and timing belt. The problem is when you take the car on the interstate it overheats. If you drive in the city the car if fine. When the car start to run hot you lift the hood and the water is bubbling out of the coolant...

2 Problems 1991 Honda CRX [ 2 Answers ]

1. Runs hot (almost overheats) in hot weather--only when the air conditioning is on. 2. Brake pedal very spongy/goes all the way to the floor, only in hot weather and car is warmed up (and even then not all the time). Otherwise the brakes work fine. Any ideas?

91 honda 1.5 dx crx blows gas out intake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crx with 172000 miles on it. Here's the background.I got the crx about a year ago and have maintained the car well ( full sythetic oil, premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, c/a intake, headers). The problem started after I was flushing my coolant, cleaning the throtle body, and degreasing...

1989 Honda Civic LX won't start [ 7 Answers ]

Read your FAQ and am at a dead end. It had been not starting on moist days due to bad distributor gasket and/or old rotor. The other day at a gas station it would not start (very cold day). It turns over but does not start 1. Replaced the Distributor Cap and Rotor - still did not start,...

91 Honda Civic Ignition Switch [ 3 Answers ]

I need instructions for replacing a 91 Honda Civic ignition "lock" switch. I have to replace the whole unti not just the tumblers. Thanks.

View more questions Search