Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerhazel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Turn ignition key: it just clicks
    I have a 1982 dodge D150 with a straight 6 auto and someone messed with it and know when I turn the key all it dose is click how do I fix this problem
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Make sure your battery is fully charged and then check out your starter solenoid/starter motor.
    tiggerhazel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Where is the solenoid/starter. Located because all my lights and radio works
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2006, 02:43 PM
    The starter solenoid is attached to the starter motor. Disconnect the negative battery terminal before touching the solenoid or starter terminals. Try hitting the solenoid with a mallot and see if the starter motor works afterwards. It also could be corrosion on the solenoid's terminals. Clean terminals and spray with WD-40. Just check everything out.
    sonny1942 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 04:45 PM
    Sounds like you need a new starter solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 dakota ignition problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 89 dodge dakota 3.9l. The engine turns over, but will not fire. Problem seems to be intermittent. When not firing, zero voltage at coil. What is causing this? I started my truck 20-30 times this afternoon with no problem... now won't start. Accessories always work OK though.

Hampton Bay Fan Clicks [ 1 Answers ]

After having three Hampton Bay Reddington ceiling fans installed by a licensed professional electrictian, two of them worked flawlessly but one soon started clicking when it rotated. The clicking worsened until it now clicks on the first rotation, while it's still at slow speed. It doesn't seem...

Pool Heater Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get the pool heater to kick on. Instead of the heater igniting, I am receiving a fault code of “Open Air Pressure Switch” and the SERVICE LED is light. Is this something that I can easily reset or do I need a technician to come out?

View more questions Search