Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwelfeld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
    2000 Honda Accord V6 Sedan headlight change
    Need to change the Low Beam bulb. (Side by side with the High Beam bulb)

I can see that the assembly requires a counter clockwise rotation, but the limited space (driver's side) prevents me from doing so.

Advice would be appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
    I'm not exactly sure how it is on a 2000 Accord, but many Hondas require you to remove the front turn signal/parking light, three 10mm mounting bolts and nuts, then pull out the headlight, disconnect the 3-P connector from it, pull the retaining spring away from the bulb and remove the bulb. It's best not to get your body oil on the new bulb.
    peterlau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    Cannot suggest way to solve the problem
    namakalkannan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:13 PM
    I need to know how to change headlights for honda accord 2000
    northwestIL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 06:16 PM
    To Change a headlight on a 2000 Accord: You pull out the radiator coolant reservoir, it just slides up and the hose stays intact connected to the radiator. Then there is a black plastic spacer with 2 plastic plugs in. Pop them off with a screwdriver. Then pinch the electrical socket around the bulb and pull it off. Turn the bulb counter clockwise to remove. Replace the bulb and be sure to hold the bulb with a cloth so the oil from your skin does not get on it and shorten its life.
    b92543 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 04:29 PM
    You need to remove the air cleaner case & element , then remove the air intake on the throtle body air intake, then there is a black plastic shield over the low beam section the 2 fasteners on top are removed then lift and remove, then remove wire harness , watch that you have depressed the clip to remove... then remove light counter clockwise, then reverse to reinstall everything... you only remove overflow tank for the high beam & you don't need to remove battery (3.0 V6)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

2000 Honda Accord dash lights [ 32 Answers ]

The dash lights went out on my 2000 accord LX 6 cyl coupe. I have no dashlights or radio lights. I checked all the fuses and this did not help. It is not the bulbs as the lights come on on the clock and radio when the headlights are off. Please help.

Honda Accord Headlight Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 Accord EX with 221,000 miles. Recently the left low and high beam headlights went out. I replaced both bulbs but did not solve the problem. The fuses are good. Both bulbs intermittenly turn on and off and not necessarily with motion, nor consistently. Could the Lighting Relay be the...

96 accord headlight off [ 2 Answers ]

The left high-beam headlight of my 96 accord does not work, but low beam headlight is fine. I checked fuse which is fine too. The only thing I did before this happened was changing oil at walmart and had them check my car. I don't know how that related to this problem. Any idea to solve this...

92 Accord - How to change front headlight? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to change out the front headlight BULB of a 92 Honda Accord EX? The owner's manual doesn't say, and after trying to fish around with my hands I'm afraid I will break plastic and be bummed. Using a mirror, I can see behind the headlight assembly under the hood. ...

View more questions Search