Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    primetime903 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Desktop won't start up, power light blinking orange
    I have a dell dimension e310 desktop computer and one day I tried turning it on by pressing the power button but nothing happened. No fans or other sounds at all. The light on the power button is just blinking orange, once a second. Only had the computer for about 3 years and no problems with it so far. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, no change. I held the power button for about 15 seconds and the light goes off, but when I press it again it just starts blinking again. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 5, 2009, 05:55 PM

Ok open up your case. Look at the capacitors on the montherboard closely are they bulging or leaking?(rounded on top, or orange looking stuff coming out of them). If so the mother board is for sure your issue and the only thing to do is to replace the motherboard/buy a new PC. The only other thing it can be is the PSU(big metal box in the back) has gone bad. If you have another PSU you can put in from another computer you can confirm or deny that.

Post results so we can continue.
    primetime903 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Replaced power supply unit. Computer is working perfectly again! Thank you so much.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 8, 2009, 09:56 PM

Np

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP vs17d blinking power light [ 2 Answers ]

When my HP VS17d monitor comes out of sleep mode there is a blank screen and the blue power light blinks. Sometimes after more than 10 minutes it will start operating.

Won't power on, blinking green power light. [ 6 Answers ]

During a power outage last night, my computer was left on, now the computer won't turn on. The power light is blinking green. There is a surge protector in use.

Kenmore Dishwasher has a blinking light and won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dishwasher has a light blinking continuously over the "hi temp wash" button and will not start. Any help?

Blinking power light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced the power supply on my computer. Now whenever I shut the computer down the power indicator light located on the front of the tower will blink rapidly followed by a clicking sound. Can anyone tell me what the problem id

View more questions Search