Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vi_shal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 11:37 PM
    Honda Accord 1992
    Hi ,

I have a Honda Accord 1992 and its great except that it guzzles a lot of fuel. The average that it gives is around 6 kilometres per litre which I think is very less. Is this the normal average that this car gives or is there a serious problem with my car. Can any owner of the same vehicle tell me what their cars average for a litre.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2006, 05:46 PM
    According to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/8886.shtml,

The Gas Mileage for a 1992 Honda Accord is:

MPG (combined) = 26
    Now, since you mentioned you get 6 km/L, a MPG is not quite applicable to you.

So, converting 26 MPG to KMPL gives you 11.05 kilometres per litre.

Since you are only getting about half of that (6 KM/L), you might have a problem.

Did you calculate your KM/L correctly? If you did, perhaps take it to a mechanic.
    Just112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX 4 door, 5 speed manual transmission.. When I originally bought it, I got around 35 MPG high speed long distance driving and around 24 MPG around town stop-and-go driving. With around 100K on it now, I am getting around 30 MPG long distance and around 20 MPG stop-and-go around town. I have changed the distributor cap, rotor, air and gas filters and plugs. Didn't seem to help any. Someone suggested changing the O2 sensor. They claim after a lot of miles they do become flakey. At around $100 for a new sensor, that is a pretty pricey experiment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

1992 Honda Accord won't start [ 14 Answers ]

We have a 1992 Honda Accord that won't start. Same problem as many others on this website. That is when it gets hot outside etc... the car won't start. We have replaced the distributor, coil, and fuel pump. We are still having the problem. We have read the forums and it appears that our main...

1992 Honda Accord [ 22 Answers ]

Where is the MAIN RELAY located?

1992 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My Accord won't turn over when the weather is hot or when driving it for period, parking and returning a short time later. (i.e. running into the store for 3 min). I heard it might be my main relay? Never a problem during cold weather.

1992 Honda Accord heating/air fan not spinning [ 10 Answers ]

My honda accord manual and third party accord manual both state the cooling relay for the heating air conditioning fan is located on the dash fuse box. I have looked at the fuse box several times and can't find any of the three relays that are supposed to be mounted on the box. Do I need to...

View more questions Search