Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dutchy1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
    2002 nissan altima service engine soon light
    Good day, I am looking for some info on how to reset my service engine soon light. It came on the other day and I would like to reset it and see if it will come back on before I take it to my mechanic. If any could help me out with this I would be grateful.

Thanks
    dutchy1974
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Here's an excerpt which answers your question. Click on the source link to read the entire post.

This is how you find out why your Service Engine Soon (SES) light is on and how to reset it. No tools required!

In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:

1) Sit in the driver's seat.
    2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
    3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
    4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the SES light flashes.
    5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.
    Source: Nissan Club forum post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service engine light on on Nissan Altima 2002? [ 1 Answers ]

My 2002 altima service engine soon light keeps coming on and then going off. I noticed that my car is hesitating when I turn it on - like it's not getting enough fuel. This is freaking me out. Any suggestions?

Service engine soon light glowing - Nissan Altima [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I recently bought a used Nissan Altima GXE - 2000 model. The car seems to be good and everything was fine until suddenly the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light started glowing. My car's Temperature meter/gauge is not working fine since I bought it. Do you think the faulty meter is the reason...

2002 altima service engine soon light [ 6 Answers ]

About a month ago the service engine light soon light came on. It stayed on for days , then went off for a few days. This has continued for 6 weeks now, I checked the gas cap and that was fine. Was at the dealer for yet another recall(#9) and they checked it. At that time the light had gone off and...

View more questions Search