Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjnemeth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Honda CRV Diagnostic codes
    My 2006 Honda CRV shows a diagnostic trouble code of P1009, but I can't seem to find any information on this code. What does it mean?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
    P1009 Incorrect Password EFI
    biff26 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2010, 07:06 PM

p1009 is for variable valvetiming control this code is usually caused by a low oil level condition. This code also can be caused by dirty oil or even the wrong oil viscosity. It is very important to keep regular oil changes on any vehicle with variable valve timing to avoid big dollar repairs later.
    deebid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 06:50 AM
    p1457 inhanced dtc
    deebid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 06:55 AM
    Crv 2003 code p1457 inhanced dtc see service manual. Can't find my answer yet
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 07:11 AM

P1457
    Description Evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge system (canister system) vent solenoid blocked or restricted.
    There is a manufacturer's service bulletin regarding this very DTC.
    An upgraded hose kit is available from Honda to fix the problem.
    Unless you're an advanced DIYer, I'd find someone that can do this repair for you.
    LuckyCharms711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
    (This is for a 1999 Honda CRV)What does the SRS code 55 mean, how do you make the repair and will the SRS light go off atfer the repair?
    LuckyCharms711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 06:24 PM
    I found the problem! I removed the trim that covers the front seat belts and both side were extremely dirty, so I wiped down the dirty area with a dry cloth, gently blew the dust away from the seatbelt recoiler and then jerked on the seatbelts a few times until they were locking properly. Once I had it back together I reset the SRS light following the instuctions from the video that was posted on YOUTUBE with the title (How to reset the SRS light 0n a 1999 Honda CRV. I hope this helps anyone that is having the same problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Odyssey Diagnostic Trouble Code PO740 [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's 2001 Honda Odyssey shows a check engine light trouble code of PO 740. A summary of service bulletin 05012004 says: Don't replace the solenoid if troubleshooting an A/T with diagnostic trouble code PO740 (lockup control system). What does the actual bulletin say to do? Thank you.

Diagnostic code-P1009 for 2005 Honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what the diagnostic code 'P1009' means. I have a 2005 Honda Accord. Thanks

Anyone know the diagnostic codes for a goodman furnace? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have an older model goodman furnace that powers up the vent fan and proceeds far enough in the sequence for the electric igniter to glow, but then never releases gas to complete ignition. I replaced the gas valve last year, so I am hoping it isn't this again. I am getting an error code on the...

Honda CR-V trouble codes [ 2 Answers ]

I had the codes read on my '02 CR-V. They are P1166 and P1167. I was told that these codes are indicative of a faulty MAF sensor. Is that correct? If not, what do these codes mean? Thanks, jetjock

Possible causes of diagnostic code P1456 200 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Fuel Tank System)

View more questions Search