Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myth70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
    1998 honda accord will not start
    I have a 1998 Honda accord lx, everything turns on lights, radio etc, I hear a click when I turn the ignition on but engine will not turn on. Could it be the battery or starter ? Not sure please help. :(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Starter. It's not the battery as the lights come on, radio, etc. If it was the battery the lights would be dim and the radio would not be able to come on as it would not have enough juice to run it.
    myth70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Thank You for responding so quickly.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 01:03 PM
    To me, it sounds like the battery is bad. It takes many more amps for the starter to work than to turn on lights, radio, etc. Remove the battery and try to fully charge it. Then, clean the battery terminals and cable connections. You likely will find out you need a new battery.

The link below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Try to avoid jump-starting a modern-day car. A number of people on this site have shorted out computers and alternators by jumping their cars.
    junglenutz123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by myth70
    I have a 1998 Honda accord lx, everything turns on lights, radio etc, I hear a click when I turn the ignition on but engine will not turn on. Could it be the battery or starter ? Not sure please help. :(
    Yeah, try to jump start it with jumper cables, or change battery, also if it is the starter you should be able to take a screwdriver to the cilinoid touch both bolts to it then it will start. If more problems or not work ask again I will personally get in topuch with you to help u out.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Do not change the battery unless you are sure... Jump start or recharge it first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 honda accord don't start [ 161 Answers ]

I have a 1998 honda accord that don't won't to start all the time.   I have read that other honda owners are having this problem.  I have had a mechanic to look at the car and of course the car starts with him my husband is trying to figure this out.  I think I am going to contact the main Honda...

1998 Honda Accord will not start [ 2 Answers ]

1998 Honda Accord seems dead. It will not start or even turnover. This has happened before but then after awhile it would start

1998 Honda Accord Ex will not start sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex and it does not want to start all of the time . I went out of town and I had it towed away to a garage and they put a new fuel pump in it and it still does not want to start. I took it into the dealer and told them too look at the main relay since everyone is having...

1998 Honda Accord CPU changed and will not start [ 2 Answers ]

When I changed the CPU, the car will crank over but will not start. The key light indicator flashes while cranking over. What do I need to do?

1998 honda accord won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. My car ran out of gas two weeks ago and hasn't started since. I put more gas in the tank and when I tried to fire it up it wouldn't start. I thought that it might be the fuel system, e.g. fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, but after running some simple diagnostics, decided to...

View more questions Search