Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SILVERWOLF48 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
    How to replace headlight bulbs on 1999 ford ranger
    I am having a hard time trying to replace the bulbs in 1999 ranger headlights, I 'm not sure how to gain access to the old bulbs. I can't find any screws to loosen, so I can pull the headlight assembly out far enough to get to old ones. We just bought this truck and came with no manuals. I feel stupid having to ask, but then again, I don't want to pull on something that will break off.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Look inside the engine compartment at the back of the head light assembly. There should be some wires going to it? Around the wires will be a screw or a clip. Remove that and the bulb will pop out of the housing.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Both sides will appear similar, though access may be different on some makes.

Name:  1a.gif
Views: 6961
Size:  5.5 KB

1. Connector
    2. Bulb retainer
    3. Bulb, headlamp

Don't touch the glass portion of the replacement bulb, as this will shorten the bulb life.
    HOOK49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVERWOLF48
    I am having a hard time trying to replace the bulbs in 1999 ranger headlights, I 'm not sure how to gain access to the old bulbs. I can't find any screws to loosen, so i can pull the headlight assembly out far enough to get to old ones. We just bought this truck and came with no manuals. I feel stupid having to ask, but then again, I don't want to pull on something that will break off.
    On the side of the battery just take out the battery and on the other side take out the air filter housing and then just turn the bulb socket and it will pop out easy, I hope this will help you, and it will be better to work on your ranger. Note try not to touch the bulb on the glass part or it will not work ,
    kegan22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Comment on 450donn's post
    That doesn't help at ALL!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Heat/94 Ford Ranger [ 2 Answers ]

The heat in my 94 Ford Ranger stopped working. The blower blows, but the air is cold instead of hot. We've changed the radiator, thermostat, heat sensor unit, heat sender unit, checked operation of heat control(doors work ok), still no heat. Engine does not reach operating temperature-HELP!! ...

Ford Ranger [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Ranger. I found dangling down from left side rear a hose with a cilp. It was attached to the axle housing. What is it for and where does it go. It just appears to be some type of air hose but is not attached to anything at other end. Should I be concerned? Thanks

92 Ford Ranger 2.3L [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone, what problems does the Check Engine light going on usually indicate? I was coming home tonight, about an hour highway drive and the light momentarily came on, then off, on and off. Not a flicker, but for several minutes at a time. Truck is VERy reliable and there is no indication that...

My ford 2.3 in a 91 ranger [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys my problem is that I just swaped out a 2.3 for another 2.3 and when it runs it idles fine for a little bit then it seems like starts to miss then boggs out and dies and back fires like a cannon so bad it blew a brand new muffler out of round it kind of seems like it gets a rich smell of...

View more questions Search