Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ubuibme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 12:07 AM
    1995 Monte Carlo hesitating and surging
    My 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo is hesitating when I pull out and surging on steady cruise... I have just replaced the head gasket, fuel pump, map sensor, plugs and wires... I can't afford the process of elimination the mechanic is offering...
    Also, occasionally my dash lights won't work and that prevents my tail lights from working as well... I have brake lights and all other lights... They come back on after awhile and I won't have it happen again for weeks...
    I had this problem several years ago and a guy said these cars are known for this certain part going bad---I can't remember the name of it but it was a cellinoid or a resistor I think... Does anyone know of this part??
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ubuibme
    My 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo is hesitating when I pull out and surging on steady cruise... I have just replaced the head gasket, fuel pump, map sensor, plugs and wires... I can't afford the process of elimination the mechanic is offering...
    First thing I would recommend is to find a competent mechanic that can diagnose the problem instead of spraying your car with parts and hoping something fixes it.
    Also, occasionally my dash lights won't work and that prevents my tail lights from working as well... I have brake lights and all other lights... They come back on after awhile and I won't have it happen again for weeks...
    I had this problem several years ago and a guy said these cars are known for this certain part going bad---I can't remember the name of it but it was a cellinoid or a resistor I think... Does anyone know of this part??
    A couple of things could cause these symptoms, including but not limited to, loose and/or corroded battery cables, sticky relays and possibly corroded wiring. Proper hands-on diagnosis will be crucial.
    Again, seek a more competent service facility. Ask about technician credentials and repair warranties.
    justify18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Its your cillinoid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 chevy monte carlo shifter linkage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to reconnect the floor shifter to the transmission, which was connected and worked before. The floor shifter inside will not move the cable underneath the car. I can see where the cable comes through the floor, there's not much cable and I don't see any damage to it. It's connected...

Monte carlo [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change the fuel pump in my 2000 monte carlo

Excel Monte Carlo Simulation [ 0 Answers ]

One of the problems with derivative pricing models is that it assumes volatility is strictly proportional, so that if the stock price doubles, we assume that the volatility of the asset price will double as well. However, empirical tests suggest that the volatility doesn't?t go up as much as our...

View more questions Search