Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DetectDave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Steps to Replace Valve Cover Gasket on 93 F350 7.3L
    My son just picked up a 93 Ford F350 7.3 IDFI w/a leak on the passenger side valve cover gasket. The replacement process looks pretty involved and the dealer wants $270 for that side. Does anyone have any suggestions on what needs to be completely removed vs moved and the steps you would take to replace it? Thanks in advance for your help.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Valve Cover Gasket: E3TZ6584F $16.91
    Valve Cover Gasket Labor (Flat Rate Hours):

Right Bank 1.1
    Or Left Bank 0.9
    Or Both Banks 1.5

I can't figure out why they want to charge so much!
    Is the vehicle rusted or especially modified in any way?
    There must be more to the story...
    DetectDave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 07:15 PM
    The dealer said that particular one was a real pain and they were showing 2.2 hours. The filter, alternator and blower motor apparently have to come off before replacing it. The young one just called home and said that the local mechanic looked the motor over and told him tonight he would do it for $60. I think that sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting cover off thermostat to replace battery [ 1 Answers ]

Message says "LO." How do I get the cover off to replace the battery on the thermostat?

2003 kia spectra valve gasket [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it was very hard to change a valve gasket on a 2003 kia spectra and how would I go about doing it?

1992 Acura Valve Cover Gasket *urgent* [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, Rego here, I've got a 1992 Acura Vigor GS that needs the valve cover gasket replaced, was wondering if anyone could tel me how this is done, or direct me to a site with a how to? I have a relative idea about taking the bolts out diaganolly, but that's about it. Many thanks

Removing cover to replace CD ROM [ 2 Answers ]

How do you remove a cover on a compaq presario 5000 to replace a CD ROM and add a DVD plarer?

Bathroom shower - Cover or replace? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My bathroom shower/tub needs a facelift. She's cute, but not that cute, as my wife would say. So we're considering tearing down the tile inside the shower wall wall and replacing with new tile. Or we're thinking about just getting one of those vinyl shower covers that you place over...

View more questions Search