Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryan scott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Dodge ram 1500
    I have a 02 dodge 1500 4.7 v8 when using the heater the driver side blows cold and the passenger side blows hot any suggestions on why that is
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan scott
    i have a 02 dodge 1500 4.7 v8 when using the heater the driver side blows cold and the passenger side blows hot any suggestions on why that is
    Without hands on, diag is only a guess.
    I'd guess that your truck is equipped with Dual-Zone HVAC. One of the acuators that moves the blend doors has failed or has become stuck
    -or-
    The temp sensor that commands that door is open or out of range and not properly commanding the doors properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge ram 1500 [ 7 Answers ]

I have read some previous posts and it seems there are similar problems. My truck only has luke warm heat. I flushed the cooling system, new thermostat, OEM 195 degree, flushed heater core many times, water free flows very strong through heater core. I too have a spot on my temperature knob that...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 A/C [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with the a/c in our dodge 1500 4x4. Looking for a leak but can't seem to figure it out. Anyone know of where to look for possible leaks etc.

Dodge ram 1500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with not even 50,000 miles on it. Lately when I've been driving with my heat on, the heater will start blowing cold air then my temperature gauge says my truck is overheating. What is causing this? I haven't tried replacing anything yet. What should I start with?

View more questions Search