Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tombryant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Dodge Van
    I have an 81 Dodge Van, 440 engine, getting gas, firing from coil, points set at 16k, fire to plugs, new plugs. Won't start. What else can it be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Check voltage regulator. On older vehicles, a bad voltage regulator can prevent starting. Also, check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Examine distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires. Check compression.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overheating problem in 1992 Dodge B250 van [ 5 Answers ]

I have a van that still has an overheating problem though it has been to the shop. The places that did the repairs replaced one of the heater hoses and the bypass hose which fixed the initial problem of overheating and leaking coolant. The leaking has not occurred since then. However, the...

Electric Locks on Dodge Caravan Van [ 5 Answers ]

Some time ago, my 2005 DODGE Caravan's electric door locks stopped working. The manual said that the controlling "circuit breaker" is located near the steering column; but it also advises the owner to take the unit in for service. I looked around the steering column, both under the hood and under...

1992 Dodge Van, V8 question [ 1 Answers ]

When I come to a complete stop in my van, it accellorates - does anyone know what is causing this and how to solve it? Thanks.

93 Dodge B250 van dies [ 1 Answers ]

My van runs perfectly, then without any rhyme nor reason it will die. When this happens, I pull over, turn off the ignition and then turn it back to run. If the check engine light comes on it will start and run perfectly again, if it does not come on, then I must turn it off again and wait....

View more questions Search