Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdb123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Mazda b4000
    I need help.
    My 1998 mazda b4000 repeatedly sets a code indicating massive evaporative emission
    Control leak.I have replaced the gas cap.and the hose from the check valve assy.to
    The throttle body.It resets the code about every three days.
    Does this system have a charcoal canister?I went a local ford dealer and they could not
    Locate it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Can you tell me the massive code
    I can look it up
    P0442 is quite common
    P0446 also

Sep 6, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Can you tell me the massive code
    I can look it up
    P0442 is quite common
    P0446 also
    The scan code is P0455
    Definition : EVAP large leak detected.

Thanks for the reply
    Don
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdb123
    The scan code is P0455
    Definition : EVAP large leak detected.

Thanks for the reply
    Don
    P0455 is comomonly referred to as "the gas cap code"
    When the Evap system attempts to draw collected vapors from the canister, the vacuum necessary cannot be achieved because of a poor seal at the fuel fill cap.

I'd recommend a new gas cap and drive the car. The light will go out by itself or you can take it to have the light turned off

Sep 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
    I replaced the gas cap first thing.It is an after market part not from ford/mazda though.
    I cleared the code and it reset three days later.Every time I have reset it ,it reappears at appoximately the same time {morning}on the third day on my way to work.I drive thirteen miles and it sets about 3/4s of the way there.
    Seems strange but true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 94 mazda b4000 jerking and shaking [ 2 Answers ]

My 94 mazda b4000 has run pretty well it got 189000 miles and a new transmission, and the truck jerks and shakes when I am accelerating and when I get to the speed I want the fast I go the worst it gets. I have replaced the EGR pressure sensor and checked all the plugs and I have taken it to my...

Selling mazda for parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 mazda protégé. It hydroplaned on Saturday and it looks like insurance won't cover the damage caused by the accident. I hit a pole and the front bumper and tire are busted. The hood is slightly bent. It would cost me a lot to fix the car, almost as much as it cost to buy it. The car...

My mazda miata won't start [ 2 Answers ]

iv'e got a 1990 mazda miata that won't start. I painted the valve cover not to long ago and ever since I put I back on my car won't start, also ever since then when I put the key in the ingnition it sounds like theirs air coming somewhere out of my motor or somewhere else.

View more questions Search