Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    94 Tubo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
    94 Honda Civic Won't Start
    Please help!! I have a 94 Honda Civic with a SOHC 1.6 litre Vtec D16Z6. I recently replaced the head gasket with a cometic gasket and had the head resurfaced, now the car won't start. The motor turns over, I get fuel, spark and the motor is at top dead center. Im out of troubleshooting ideas. The car ran before the work was done to the head, now nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    fozzbo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Anyone? I have the same problem with a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    It's possible the timing was not done properly, when the head was removed. This has happened to many people on this site, who have had the head machined and gasket replaced. If not done properly, valves can be damaged.
    crxgod Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 94 Tubo
    Please help!!! I have a 94 Honda Civic with a SOHC 1.6 litre Vtec D16Z6. I recently replaced the head gasket with a cometic gasket and had the head resurfaced, now the car wont start. The motor turns over, I get fuel, spark and the motor is at top dead center. Im out of troubleshooting ideas. The car ran before the work was done to the head, now nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I have just had to set up my timing because of a similar problem so I think that would be what you should check first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

88 honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 88 honda civic that starts fine the first time but idle is high, and if I run it very long it won't start after being turned off. It also has a smell I can't tell what it is. Seems to do fine otherwise

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search