Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casillasm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 02:55 PM
    AC comes on and off on toyota matrix
    I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix, 4 cylinder 6 speed. The AC comes on fine, but it won't stay on, it turns on 3 or 4 minutes then off 3 or 4 minutes and so on. I recharged the freon to the correct pressure also. Need help to fix this problem.

thanks
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Try replacing the magnetic clutch relay for this concern. The a/c light usually blinks when it fails.

1.22 lbs MAX for this system. That's barely more than one can. If it was blowing cold before, you most likely had too much put in.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by casillasm
    I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix, 4 cylinder 6 speed. The AC comes on fine, but it won't stay on, it turns on 3 or 4 mins then off 3 or 4 mins and so on. I recharged the freon to the correct pressure also. Need help to fix this problem.

thanks
    The system capacity is crucial. If you don't have the correct equipment to empty and then vacuum the system before proper recharge, you may still not have the correct amount. Very expensive special machines are needed to do this.
    Frequent short cycling is a clear sign of incorrect system charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I find Countries of Origin, historical figurs and events, central beliefs, nature of God, texts, ritual and practice (sacred elements & their meaning), ethics, and morality for each of these religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism. All responses will be greatly...

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the countries nature of god hitorical figures events,rituals and practice,etics and morality of all the eastern religions

Eastern religion elements matrix [ 1 Answers ]

What are the countries of origin for origin,origin,Confucianism,Daoism

Toyota Corolla 05 - HELP [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the dip beams on o 05 corolla?

Networking a dot matrix printer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Kindly help me, can you please give me advise on how I can put a Dot Matrix on Printer on a network? What are the tools that I needed. Will I need a hub? JETDIRECT CARD? Or any other tools, please advise me. Hoping for your fastest reply. Thank you very much. br,

View more questions Search