Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfleming Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 12:26 PM
    95 Honda Accord Overheating
    I have a 95 Honda Accord that has been overheating. When you crank it and drive it a while, the temperature gauge rises and the car overheats. Neither of the fans will come on while the car is cranked (if the AC is not on). But when you turn the car off, the fans will come on. Please help. :confused:
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jul 29, 2005, 02:48 PM
    Is the thermostat good? Is it stuck in "closed" position? If it's stuck closed, it will not allow water to circulate through the engine and it will overheat. Even if you're just driving, with no fans running, the speed of the car should be enough to let air flow over the radiator and cool water down.
    carDummy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 11:06 PM
    Have you been able to resolve your problem? I am having this same problem with my 95 Accord, it overheats and fans don't run while car is running but turn on after I shut the car off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    noaccordlikemine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2005, 05:33 PM
    You can check the fan relays. What you can also so do I connected the fans direct so every time I turn on the car the fans go on automatically and off when the car is turned off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda Accord [ 25 Answers ]

I am having problem with my Honda :( startes great from home , but as soon as I live from work approx 8hours later it does not want to start. Cranks and that's it. Nothing else. Mostly everything is new. Battery, wires, plugs, cap,rotor, timing belt,balancer belt, seals, water pump, intake...

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

92 honda civic lx overheating [ 3 Answers ]

My honda civic is overheating and water is bubbling into the overfill tank, and then leaking out. I already replaced radiator and thermostat and there seems to be no pressure from the lower radiator hose to the thermostat. The electric fan fails to come on when temperature is high. Replaced...

Honda accord [ 4 Answers ]

My honda accord won't start. Can you help me troubleshoot?

View more questions Search