Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GLTEE Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 01:41 PM
    High Beam/Low Beam on 99 Durango
    My headlights will only work on high beams. My sister owned the Durango before and said she had to mess with the switch from time to time to get low beams to work then finally stopped working. Anyone ran into this problem? I think its in the steering column. I've checked fuses and headlights. Thanks for any inputs.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 01:48 PM
    It sounds like an electrical problem probably in the dashboard. Take it to a mechanic and let him know what the problem is, something electrical you should have a professional look at. :)

Jun 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Wouldn't a diagnostic test have showed some kind of codes for that problem? I had one ran on it today for the ABS light being on and that's the only code that appeared. Thanks.
    alphazed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GLTEE
    My headlights will only work on high beams. My sister owned the Durango before and said she had to mess with the switch from time to time to get low beams to work then finally stopped working. Anyone ran into this problem? I think its in the steering column. I've checked fuses and headlights. Thanks for any inputs.
    The low beams on our 99 Durango went out this past week. After a few minutes I realized they only went out when my wife drove and had the steering wheel tilted low. When I tilted the steering wheel higher, they came back on.

Aug 2, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Will try that thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fear of beam [ 2 Answers ]

Hey. I have been in gymnastics for a long time but still cannot get over my fear of the beam. Can someone please help me on how to get over this fear? Thanks

Beam size [ 1 Answers ]

What size bean would I require to span 12meters for a steel shed, it is used on the roof

Size of beam [ 2 Answers ]

How big a beam do I need for a span of 12 feet, for a patio roof?

Beam Deflection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a Mech Eng by education, but haven't used many of the skills for a long while. Can someone please run through the equations for calculating bending moment, stress, and deflection of a simply-supported beam? Maybe, for example, using a 2x10 (1.5" x 9.25" wood floor joist?? )... As I...

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search