Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kiwiboy2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2005, 01:35 PM
    84 Honda Civic won't Start??
    I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2005, 04:41 PM
    The problem could be fusible links. They are often found where the wires run from the main battery terminal on the solenoid. They are usually in a short, fat bulge in the insulation. The outside may look burned. If a wire supplying the fuse block is not hot at the fuse block, likely it has a burned out fusible link. Check it for conductivity. If it is open, you can buy repair kits for it.

If it is not fusable links, go through the standard checks at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=9924, and let us know what you found if you are still having trouble.
    Kiwiboy2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2005, 09:10 PM
    Fusible links it was, I replaced it & all was good, phew thanks for the help
    racingsean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 09:55 PM
    Honda not starting
    Have a 94 honda civic dx and will jump and start and battery will run for 3days until going dead from running off it only.I have replaced starter,alternator and new battery and wondering where the fusible link is located to replace since its only thing left. Someone got any ideas or help?? :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic won't Start Or Turnover [ 33 Answers ]

I have had this car for about 6 years. Shortly after we got it (6 years ago) we drove to California from Utah. In Reno when we stopped for gas (had been driving for a long time in the heat with AC blasting and temp gauge was near red when we stopped) and then went to start the car. Nothing, no...

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search