Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toyaiz25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 12:02 PM
    1998 ford taurus
    I own a 1998 ford taurus. I am experiencing a problem with my vehicle when the speedometor is not working the car will not shift gears. But when the speedometer is working the car shifts fine. I recently changed the speed sensor and still have the same problem.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Yes. The speedometer (i.e. Vehicle Speed Sensor) provides important input information to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), which controls the engine and transaxle. If there's a problem with the VSS, it affects Shift Solenoids 1, 2, and 3 in the transaxle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starter on a Ford Taurus [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone tell me is there a way to get your starter to work so I can get my car home or to a garage. I know it's the starter because I don't even get a click with it when I turn the key and my battery is still very strong. Is there not a way to bang the starter to get it to go? Please help...

1999 Ford Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Vehicle intermittently down shifts (feels like Torque converter clutch disengageing) At highway speeds. Transmission was replaced issue still remains. FORD/Mecury dealers seem lost. Any Ideas No trouble codes. Thank you

91 ford Taurus [ 3 Answers ]

I have No Power going to the Starter Headlights or Brake Lights is there a grounding strap or something that could be the problem PLEASE HELP

88 Ford Taurus Transmission Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Have 88 Ford Taurus with auto xmission. Xmission will go in reverse fine, but will not engage into drive unless the vehicle is going at or over 15 mph. Fluid level checks out fine. Any advice would be appreciated. evaneric2

View more questions Search