Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 05:22 AM
    An earlier mention that said you had to go to the end of the line on the GFI, It can be at the GFI or any other GFI protected boxes, still I wouldn't put on GFI.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeskd
    On your GFCI you should hook into the line side. If there are anymore outlets on that circuit and you hook into the load side of the GFCI. It WILL NOT work. The fan would have to be behind the last outlet.
    Wiring: You can make the holes for your wire in a Horizontal line around the garage. BUT I wouldn't. Go vertical into the attic an back down. You can cut a 2- 6' X 12 ' hole up by the top head. One above the the GFCI and one above where you want to put the fan. Alot less to patch and only 2 holes to drill. And I would add a couple of more outlets. If thats the only one.
    Have a Great Day Please let me know if this helped
    RCallelectric- Jeff
    I have this fan completely wired now. It's running like it should. Variable switch works good too.
    As mentioned earlier, I wasn't sure if this was on a GFCI, but the opposite wall has the trip switch receptacle. When tested, it shuts down the hole garage except overhead lighting.
    So, the receptacle I wired the fan to must be on the end of the run on the GFI, as there was only wire going into it, and nothing going out.
    I connected my wire in the same manner as it was connected from house wiring.
    Should I have done different? If so, why exactly?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Sounds good, A new load doesn't have to be End of the line, You could have load side go out of box in 4 different directions, and all would be Protected(Can be Star OR Daisey Chain, even both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tapping noise in new toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Brand new toilet and we hear a tapping noise but not all the time. What is this?

Tapping SS benefits [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has just started receiving disability benefits, can those benefits be garnished for a defaulted private loan?

Tapping into back boiler? [ 1 Answers ]

Have elec storage heaters which are very expensive to run , and need a weather warning 2 days in advance to know when to switch them on! Recently switched the emersion heater off because the open coal fire seems to be boiling the water in the Hot water tank... and since we only have showers,...

Auxiliary Elecrical Breaker box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200 amp electrical service in my home. I want to install an auxiliary box in the barn that will have 2 15 amp, 2 20 amp and 2 240 amp breakers. Can I do this with two 100 amp breakers? How do I wire this? Thanks. ;)

Bryant plus 90 furnace Smells like elecrical burning. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can answer my question. I have a Bryant furnace Plus 90 model and I started smelling like electrical burning through one of the air ducts that goes to the upstairs of my home. It is hot right above the access panel. Could someone tell me what this could be. I can only smell...

View more questions Search