Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

May 18, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Radio
    I have 2 clock radios, both of which are supposed to run on battery as well as electric. One is a Morphy Richards and one is Alba, I wanted to use one in the garden so bought a new battery, although the battery is OK and works on other things, neither radio will work using the battery. I don't have the leaflets now for these radios, does anyone what I'm doing wrong please?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 18, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Neelie,

Some radios will only support the clock with the battery.

When you are using the battery only you need to check for two things. Is the clock working and is there an AC/DC selector switch.

May 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Neelie,

Some radios will only support the clock with the battery.

When you are using the battery only you need to check for two things. Is the clock working and is there an AC/DC selector switch.
    Hi, thanks for taking the time to try and help me. Neither the clock nor the radio are working on battery mode, and I couldn't find an AC/DC selector switch. However, when I was looking I noticed some writing in the battery compartment... 110V and 220V. The battery is 9 volt, do you think it's maybe not powerful enough for the radio? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Some Portable radios need the AC cord removed to connect to Battery Power. It switches when Cord is removed. Good Luck.
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

May 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Possibly the battery was to keep the settings of the clock unchanged when disconnected from mains power.. i.e could be your models.. have to be connected to the outlet.. to function the radio.

9 V is OK for radio... if there is not AC/DC selector.. it could be a sign that your radios need mains power to function.. and the 9 V was merely to keep the clock runnning when disconnected from mains.

Check again for a selector switch somewhere.

May 18, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Some Portable radios need the AC cord removed to connect to Battery Power. It switches when Cord is removed. Good Luck.
    Hi, Thanks a lot, I'll try that, if that fails I'm off to the shops to buy a transister radio! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Radio [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am not able to listen to Internet Radio with Windows Internet Explorer 7. Someone told me that there is some kind of setting in Explorer that may be blocking the radio stations. Any help would be appreciated.

Vw radio [ 1 Answers ]

I want to swap the deck from a 97 vw golf and put my alpine deck in instead. Is it going to bug anything cause I know that vw alarme system is in the radio. If yes how can I bypass. Ty mick:confused:

Radio DJ [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get ready in high school for a career in Radio?

On the Radio [ 4 Answers ]

We just got notified that my wife's Christmas album ( from last year) is being used on the play list of the "General Electric" Christmas special. I am not sure what stations exactly will be playing it We got our notice from the station in Fredonia NY. It was planned on being aired tonight...

Am radio [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Nissan Sentra (1994). The car radio has been fine until a short time ago. Now there is strong static on all the AM stations; the FM stations are clear. Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem? Thanks -sonoma

View more questions Search