Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    likedieselto mu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
    how do i get my truck to do better mpg
    is my first time but like some people I got 90 % good luck with my fords... I am on my 4 ford truck with 6.0 the las 3 I kepthem for 10 months each and put 30 000 miles on each one... and never have a problem now I got a harley edition 350 4x4 long box loaded for 1 1/2 years have 43000 miles on it I tow big trailers the more I tow was 29000 lb includes truck and did just fine my only problem and I need help guys is my mpg normal I do 11 mpg and towing 8 mpg yeah that's bad... I got 37 toyo open country tires and banks chip... how can I get better mpg if anybody know will help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Full synthetic engine oil, full synthetic ATF, and full synthetic differential oil. Together, that should increase mpg 8 to 10%. See if the link below helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post293582
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

May 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
    In addition to what txg... mentioned I would add... having good driving habits... do not accelerate so fast.. and do not acccelerate too much unnecesssarily... for example between traffic lights... and prepare yourself to stop in advance. i.e smooth accelration and deceleration. Avoid cold starting.. avoid driving when the motor is not fully warmed up. Respect speed limits..
    Pawel S Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2008, 08:23 PM
    HI I am a ford technician in Iowa and the best way to get better gas mileage is to 1.Always check your air filter make sure is clean replace(after market filters only work when you always keep them clean, not recommanding them). 2. Change your fuel filter when recommended, 3. get a fuel induction service it helps lots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repo truck [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dumptruck back in march 07, an doing OK But you never no what could happen,do they have A insurance for repo.

Toyota truck [ 2 Answers ]

I have just purchased a 1990 toyota pickup truck. Today the transmission would not shift out of low into second for a while and then it did. It is an automatic transmission. It has been shifting fine ever since. It did this briefly day before yesterday. What could be causing the trannie to not...

My Truck [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 04 truck, it's a beautiful truck! I love it but I don't need it and want to get something more econimical for me but I still owe 16,000 on it and for some odd reason when I take to a dealership all they tell me it is worth about 8,000. So they won't let me trade it in on something cheaper...

My Truck [ 2 Answers ]

I have A 2000 Dodge Ram1500 4x4 Extended cab. I don't really know what happened to it butall of my gauges went haywire on me. I checked all the fuses but they are OK? Any Idea what else it could Be?

Need to get rid of my truck... [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a mess with my truck. I bought a $35,000 truck about 4 months ago. Well, I just lost my job. Even if I find another job, the salary I'll be making will not be the same or enough to make the payments. I know if I take the truck back I'll screwup my credit, but I have to get out from under...

View more questions Search