Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codelv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Toyota camry 1998 cranks but no start.. no spark
    Bought a camry with a blown engine... whole in the block. Car still started, replaced the motor block with another one as well as the crankshaft and motor head. Put everything together and now the engine will not start.. replaced coils.. still have no spark.. have verified the timming like 12 times already... everything seems OK but it just will not start... any thoughts... ECM?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 08:12 PM

. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check/replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

. Ensure main ECM ground is clean and attached.

. Check for codes.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 02:45 PM

Is the ECM lighting up the C E light?
    You could have the Cams out of sync. This's really common even with professionals. A compression check would verify. Should be around 190-200.
    ... and X2 what TX said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 toyota camry radiator fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

I had an accident & had to replace the radiator and the fans. The fans don't work, I replace the relay that are in the fuse box label Fan 1,2,& 3. What else could the problem? Is there another fuse that I am missing? Thanks

Toyota camry no spark [ 2 Answers ]

Started fine reversed and went strait from R to D with out coming to complete stop.car died will not start. Car not getting spark fuses are good and rotor button still spins.were to start??

1998 Toyota Camry auto shift gear light [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 Toyota Camry auto shift gear light went off last week. What should I do to replace it? Where to start un-assemble the parts to reach the light bulb? If you have the answer please send e-mail to me. Make sure to write 1998 Camry on the subject line. Too many spam e-mails. If not...

View more questions Search