Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deeallyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Auto odometer problem
    2000 toyota camry, 4-cylinder
    The odometer changed from recording miles to recording kilometers. The speedometer is OK. No service work being done around the time of the change. How do I fix it?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deeallyn View Post
    2000 toyota camry, 4-cylinder
    The odometer changed from recording miles to recording kilometers. The speedometer is ok. No service work being done around the time of the change. How do I fix it?
    Check your owner's manual. There is a "mode" switch somewhere on the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) that will switch it back. Sometimes it is marked by "E/M" to switch between English and Metric settings.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
    There might be a simble like MPH/KPH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Dodge Dynasty odometer problem [ 2 Answers ]

The speedometer on our 1991 Dynasty stopped working. We bought a "new" instrument panel. The speedometer worked but the odometer didn't. We bought another "new" panel and the odometer and trip meter don't work in this one either. Help!

2004 f250 psd auto locking hub problem [ 0 Answers ]

The auto locking hubs on my 04' F250 PSD recently began disengaging randomly while 4HI or 4LO is selected. When to hubs are locked manually the 4 wheel drive works as it should. The AC Fan has also been switching randomly from Max to Defrost only when the 4 wheel is engaged. Has anyone else...

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

94 civic auto trans problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I don't know much about cars. I recently bought a 94 honda civic dx with automatic transmission, it has 44,000 miles but I don't believe those. I'm having issues speeding up and when gears change I get a kick. I feel that something is definitely wrong with the transmission. Any ideas what in...

View more questions Search