Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloudsta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
    I have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission.
    I have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission can I take a 97 chevy manual transmission and put it in my 96?
    Lindy1951L Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudsta
    i have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission can i take a 97 chevy manual transmission and put it in my 96?
    Is this front or rear wheel drive?
    cloudsta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudsta
    i have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission can i take a 97 chevy manual transmission and put it in my 96?
    Front wheel drive
    RomBo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Sure, as long as you get all the hardware like pedals, linkage, electrical, etc. and don't forget to put a clutch pilot bearing in the crankshaft.
    getchapull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 09:39 AM
    I have the same questi0n I have a 96 aut0matic cavy and want t0 put a manual trany in it but I was t0ld id have t0 change the wireing harrness is that true
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Besides a new wiring harness, it will likely require a new ECM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spark plugs chevy cavalier [ 2 Answers ]

What is involved in replacing spark plugs on a 98 chev cavalier? It has 90,000 mi and the "check engine" and "ets off" lights are on so I thought it would be a good place to start.

1995 Chevy Cavalier Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was a way to remove the computer from the car and still be able to keep the engine running. From what I understand the ingition module will be able to fire properly (I may have been misinformed), but will the fuel injection system be able to run without the computer? ...

2005 Chevy Cavalier [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Cavalier with about 40,000 miles. About a month or so ago, the drivers side window quit working. The car is still under warranty, so we took it down to the dealer and they fixed it. About a week ago, started having trouble with the drivers side.. now both windows are down and...

View more questions Search