Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    gmiles's Avatar
    gmiles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
    How do I get refund on registration/insurance for impounded vehicle?
    My mom, 70 years old, lives in NY state. Her car was impounded because it was parked on the wrong side of the street. The car is in need of repair and is not really worth paying the impound or storage fees. So I am advising mom to abandon the car.

    Do we need a notorized letter stating that the car was impounded or a letter from the impound lot? What will the impound lot do with the tags?

    Thanks for you help!
    TxGreaseMonkey's Avatar
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

    Jan 15, 2007, 09:46 AM
    You will likely be out the registration fee. I would notify N.Y. State what happened. They will probably have you fill out a form and mail it to them. The form may be available online.

    Call the insurance company and tell them what happened; tell them you want a refund on the remainder of the premium. I'm sure they will tell your mother that she needs to send a signed letter saying she wants to stop insurance coverage on the vehicle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Car Registration Question [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Georgia and I recently purchased a car via an auto loan. My mom is first on the car and my name is second. After having the car for 30 days I was told by a lady at the dealership that the car could not be registered in my name alone it had to be registered under both my mom and I. Is...

Vehicle registration - property protection [ 5 Answers ]

My spouse is unemployed and stays home with the kids. The house is in my name due to her prior credit history and I have a excellent paying job. Would I protect my personal assets by registering her car solely in her name. I read somewhere that if she caused an accident and was sued - they can...

Changing Registration Information [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, I've been building a new laptop for my General manager and I've stuffed the registration information that is displayed on computer properties (right click 'my computer' > properties). Is there any way of changing it without a rebuild. Running XP sp2 on an Ultra Light Thinkpad X40. Cheers

View more questions Search