Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    winsome82's Avatar
    winsome82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 5, 2010, 08:15 AM
    I'm on federal probation, can I travel to puerto rico?
    Im on federal probation and I've traveled on many occasions outside of the state in which I live. I planned a trip to Puerto Rico at the end of the month, but my probation officer says that I would have to get permission through the courts being that Puerto Rico is outside of the states. From what I know, Puerto Rico is part of the United States, why would I have to go through different procedures to go?

Check out some similar questions!

Puerto Rico statehood [ 5 Answers ]

I have no definitive opinion on this . I work with Puerto Ricanos ,and the ones who have moved here across the board think they are American. However ;there is no doubt that many enjoy the special status that territory brings.Currently, Puerto Rico has "commonwealth" status. Those living there are...

Paternity in Puerto Rico [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has discovered he may have fathered a child outside of our marriage. It was before we were married but while we were "together" in a long distance relationship. Needless to say this is a very hard time. We have a daughter of our own as well as my stepson. This woman is manipulating...

Do I need a visa to go to Puerto Rico? [ 3 Answers ]

I currently work in New York with a H1-B nonimmigration status. I wonder if I need a visa to travel to Puerto Rico? Do I need to have a US visa when getting back from Puerto Rico? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.