Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sivam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Threeway control valve location closed loop chilled water system
    Hi all,

I am new to this site. Anybody could help me about exact location of threeway control valve in closed loop chilled water system for process cooling.
    I have doubt about the location, in the inlet of the heatexchanger or out let of the exchanger?

Kindly help me.

Regards,

Sivam
    dulenz Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sivam View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this site. Anybody could help me about exact location of threeway control valve in closed loop chilled water system for process cooling.
    I have doubt about the location, in the inlet of the heatexchanger or out let of the exchanger?

Kindly help me.

Regards,

Sivam
    Always after the heat exchanger, coil etc. 3 port valves are designed to have two inputs and one output (to work in mixing configuration). If you put them before coil than they will have one input and two outputs.

Locating the 3 port valve in supply line will result in noise, valve chattering and controllability issues
    izuwan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Before mixing box or AHU... for cooling system .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted [ 5 Answers ]

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted what are possible cause codes are p0601 and p0445

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

Closed loop chilled water pressurization unit [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir: I want to know how can I calculate the head of pressurization pump,flow rate of pressurization pump and size of expansion tank Regards

View more questions Search