Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    bluepersonality's Avatar
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Nov 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
    What is a person of this profession called?
    People who will go to a business, evaluate the business, then make suggestions on how to improve. Or even get involved and make things happen.
    I am specifically looking for someone who would do this in the automotive repair industry.
    How do I find someone who does this?
    Have you ever used a service like this? How did it go?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,809, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

    Nov 15, 2017, 09:23 AM
    Quality control, quality consultant. They probably call themselves all sorts of things. Many of these consultants hire mystery shoppers and mystery customers who then report back to the consultant they work for to help put together a competitive analysis.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Nov 15, 2017, 01:20 PM
    If you are a sole proprietorship, not a chain, with just local customers, then you basically need a financial consultant more than anything specific to auto repair.
    Or you might find a retired owner of a shop who was successful.

    I know 3 men in various parts of the US or Canada who would be excellent, but I'm sure you can find someone close to you.

    I have heard from different sources that auto repair gets tougher every year. Fewer bright kids go into it, and cars are more and more computerized, requiring workers with 2 sets of skills.

    You need a pleasant looking place for customers, a pleasant place to work.
    You need workers with good skills who have the incentive to stay with you, through raises and benefits.
    You need a manager and office manager who can talk to customers about costs, and you need to know how to estimate while charging by the hour for most jobs.
    You need a real bookkeeper.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

    Nov 15, 2017, 01:44 PM
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Nov 16, 2017, 05:51 AM
    Business consultant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About right profession [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a banker. Is this a right profession in the perception of Islam. Is my earning halal?

Can I get the name of person who's called me off there mobile number [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get name of a person just from their mobile number?

Can the person you call blocked see that you called? [ 1 Answers ]

Can they see it on there bill??

Why is a toast to a person so called? [ 1 Answers ]

When you stand and raise your glass to someone - why do you call it a toast

Company is an artificial person but why we called it joint stock company [ 2 Answers ]

It is called that company is an artificial person and we always use the word joint stock company for a company?

View more questions Search